Monday, May 7, 2007

Green Hat

In October of 1988 Mom and Paul finally got married. It was a beautiful ceremony and Mom made a point of making sure that all of us kids were included in their day. I was ecstatic to be given the role of flower girl – there aren’t many girls who get the chance to be their mother’s flower girl. I was so nervous, and so walked quite slowly and deliberately, and this caused Jeff to step on the back of my feet a number of times as he walked Mom down the aisle.

I will always remember how beautiful she looked that day. In her traditionally unconventional manner Mom wore a stunning sea green dress. To her there could have been nothing more appropriate for her special day.

That is something that I will miss so much about Mom – her self confidence. She never worried what people would think or say, she just worried about being herself and the best Mom she could be.

No comments: